What do you do for spiritual self-care? Do you live by a personal credo? I sometimes struggle to figure out how I can become more effective, disciplined and accountable. Who has the answer? What approach fits me? There are so many “experts,” it’s a challenge to identify a system or teacher to trust & follow.
I want to feel like this every day!
After the recent elections, I resumed a more regular meditation practice. I have been a somewhat irregular practitioner over the decades, and this pattern also carries over to other aspirations. It’s so easy and exciting to start something new. . . but to follow through and cultivate attitudes and behaviors that are in your highest interest can be tricky. It’s all about maintaining momentum and priorities.
After that meditation, I reflected on the 3 spheres we all participate in: the sphere of control, of influence and of concern. I saw clearly that what is needed is refocusing on the innermost sphere: personal control. Since I can’t effectively solve the larger issues we are facing in 2016 and beyond, I’d better put my efforts into improving aspects of my wellbeing.
What came forth as I journaled, was a personal credo. A credo is a statement meant to guide one’s actions that issues from core beliefs. I didn’t elect our next president. What could I elect?
I ELECT TO:
- Get myself ready 1st – before I allow the outside world in. Breathe, pray, meditate, call in the light, set intention, download my energy blueprint, protect and zip up – before I connect socially.
- Be responsible for my energy – to release what is not mine, to welcome in the Light and Universal Love and to process my emotions in the most whole-hearted way.
- Act in ways aligned with my Soul’s values
- Live in “YES” in service to the guiding principles of love, forgiveness, acceptance, peace and connection.
- Live full of gratitude – for this beautiful planet, community of light-workers and Unseen Helpers as well as all sentient beings who interact with our dimension spiritually and energetically.
- Consult regularly with my team of wisdom-holders who are here to support my greatest expression of Truth, Talent and Purpose.
- Show up, regularly, for those of you who want my support with spiritual self-care rituals so you feel more attuned to Source energy.
- Remain receptive and grounded.
- Be a joyful conduit of higher vibrational energies that liberates and transforms others.
- Help myself by helping others.
- Live my best life NOW.
Since I’ve written this down, I’ve been more aware of what happens when I don’t honor these – especially when I start my day by looking at social media on my phone in bed. I realized I need less entertainment and more actualization of my dreams and vision. Consequently, I am more motivated to start my day with sacred self-care time.
As 2017 approaches, I would encourage you to spend some time creating your own credo you can both honor and rely upon for support – from the inside out. It’s as important as brushing teeth and getting dressed before going out. It’s a spiritual seatbelt that will serve you well as your day unfolds. If you invest 20-45 mins in your spiritual ritual first thing in the day, you will have a notably different response to whatever comes along. Fill up so you feel replenished. If you would like specific help with how to create a ritual that works for you, I’d be delighted to assist you.Share